17th and Irving

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

election...

Isn't it odd...right now, a big hunk of the next two years is going to come down to about 4000 people spread out in Virginia and Montana. Still, the Democrats have done way more than I thought they would. Tennessee rejected Gore in 2000 to put the Republicans over the top, and now I hope that ignoring Ford in 2006 won't keep the Republicans on top.

I wonder how the Democrats will do now that they have at least one House, and maybe the whole Congress. For instance, on civil liberties, will they kow-tow so they can't be branded "weak" on terrorism, even though all these steps do nothing really to prevent terrorism?

What about being "soft" on democracy?

Well, this went better than I was letting myself hope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home