17th and Irving

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

hangin' at the airport...again.

How I hate flying. And sitting at airports. We're sitting here because they can't find pilots, so I suppose one doesn't have to look too far to figure out why the airline companies are held together financially by string, wires and prayers. The plane will be full now, and uncomfortable, I hate them for this. Why can't one thing be easy right now?

Leaving Chicago is never fun. The Lake, driving around, space. New York swallows you up, sometimes it's easy to forget you haven't strayed out of about twenty square blocks in a week, but then, who notices really?

I don't have much else I'm thinking about. Watching the Libby trial, it's funny to hear the same Republicans who were so breathless about perjury a few years ago get just as huffy proclaiming that it's just perjury now. I guess the whole lying to kill hundreds of thousands of people doesn't really measure up to a blow-job.

Odd how we get so excitable over sex. It's competitive, and it seems like we should be beyond that at a certain point.

1 Comments:

At Friday, March 02, 2007 12:22:00 AM, Blogger mag said...

You don't like flying? Thats too bad. I don't really like heights if that counts. But I'm okay with the airplane thing. I hope things have been going well for you. This semester has been a tad crazy.

In school we are studying romantic poetry. It's beautiful when someone explains it to me. I'm not good at the analyzing/understanding it thing. I usually read with my mom and she tells me whats going on. Can you really practice understanding poetry like that though? The way its written is already amazing...it wouldn't be the same translated into modern english. I guess I'll have to read more of it as practice I guess.

I know I shouldn't be comlaining about the weather considering other places but I really wish we did get more rain here. I hope you had fun visiting your family.

Best of wishes :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home