17th and Irving

Sunday, May 06, 2007

Thesis and etc.

I ignored the beauty today. Soft breezes, puffy clouds full of monsters and automobiles, streets cluttered with other people enjoying the sunshine and the sudden appearance of full-on spring.

I was writing the damned thesis.

Oh boredom! How boring you were! I read an article or two, futzed around, thought about how much I hated this stuff, thought about clouds with faces and dragons in them.

Sang songs.

Thought about the perfect mixed tape. What I would include, what I would regret not including and what I would be annoyed with the most, long-term, for having included.

I ate well. Listened to the Cubs game, checked my email about every twenty minutes. Nobody wrote because everybody was outside.

Tonight I saw Spiderman. Lame. Too much soap, not enough action. The bad guys were made out of cardboard, and who cares what exactly old Peter Parker and Mary Jane are going through? That's the story we know about. What it goes through and how it ends.

Give us more of the other stuff, the stuff that takes some imagination and some risk.

I don't ask too much from my Hollywood, but it would be nice if they would say, "you know, we invested a lot of money in this. Let's not make a piece of shit."

$250 million later there it is: a piece of shit.

But the walk home was beautiful. The breeze was strong and the moon was bright behind the fast-moving clouds. From Brooklyn the city looked like a zenith of happenings and the delis, with the fruit stands outside and semi-desolute, looked like something from a Henry Fonda film.

Whatever that means.

More work tomorrow. Always that these days.

I've had all kinds of songs going through my head today. It's been hard not to sing just all the time today.

1 Comments:

At Thursday, May 17, 2007 1:13:00 AM, Blogger mag said...

You are so funny. I saw spiderman too. I think I laughed too much and for all the wrong reasons. It was ok i guess. Basically Spiderman gets attacked by a blob that makes him emo for a little while and causes a series of other things.

I really liked your cammando theme...that might have worked.

I also liked your very graphic image of bazooka-styled vomiting. I really did laugh out loud... That happened when I was in third grade once. The kid next to me let it flow all over his desk. My smelling senses were scarred for life.

I give you kudos to your kingston trio pride...I can't believe you listen to them. They are just amazing. My mom likes the folky stuff and introduced me to them. I really like 'Whistling Gypsy". Have you heard of the shins? They are a pretty good band. They sound almost exactly like the beach boys.

I seriously liked this entry. I think that there might be a lot of 'you' in it. I technically don't know you but it just seems like it. I hope you had a great mothers day...or I hope your grams or your mother did. :D

bye!
~magdalena

 

Post a Comment

<< Home