17th and Irving

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Warmer weather...


I can't stop listening to El Perro Del Mar's "God Knows (You Gotta Give to Get)," I like that, when a particular song is exactly what's necessary.

Wanted to run today, but never got around to it, it's been tough lately. It seems like there a million small things I want to do but never quite get to. Started reading Zazie in the Metro but the translation was terrible and distracting. So it might be time to go back to David Mitchell. I already feel like re-reading Cloud Atlas again, maybe just parts of it. I'd like to read his new one as well, and I promised myself I'd re-read Murakami this summer as well. And then there's Dumas and everybody else to re-read and read as well. Greene.

Sometimes I think about the stories we make up and I feel so good about what we seem to want, how we make all these beautiful structures of thought out of instinct and earth. It always leads pretty directly to the Greatest Lake and hope for faith.

I heard from a friend that Farley Granger has just published his memoirs and was at the Music Box the other day. I would love to read those too. That scene in Strangers on a Train shot through the glasses, so, so good. And the tennis scene. And Jimmy Stewart and him in Rope are so good, a really underrated Hitchcock, that one.

It's been a good year, all in all. I can't complain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home