17th and Irving

Thursday, June 28, 2007

graduation and discussions about milk shakes



I woke up thinking about snow. Different kinds of snow, how some was driven and how some floated. Took a shower and put on a coat.

Outside it is really hot today, but I figured it was graduation day and I should wear something with patches. The trains took forever and I sweat. Man did I sweat. Waited for a train, then another and another. Finally at Forty-second I just got out and took a cab.

"Turn on the air conditioner all the way," I said to the driver and he did. We had some laughs and I got out at Riverside Church up in Morningside, right by the Hudson. Everything was quiet, I was a little late. The kids were already getting ready to march.

A lot of applause, a lot of pictures. People saying things they were supposed to and the kids talking about Iraq - I was proud of them for that.

Getting home took forever but luckily I had some of my kids around for most of the journey. We discussed milk shakes and french toast - I made fun of them and vice versa. I'm going to take a nap now, but I wanted to make a little note, about how nice it feels to have a little time again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home